1 a feeling of affection for a person or an institution [syn: fond regard]
2 a supplementary part or accessory
3 a writ authorizing the seizure of property that may be needed for the payment of a judgment in a judicial proceeding
4 a connection that fastens things together [syn: bond]
6 the act of attaching or affixing something [syn: affixation]
7 the act of fastening things together [syn: fastening]
- A strong bonding towards or with.
- I have such an attachment towards my fiancé!
- A cloying type of dependency.
- She has such an attachment on that man, why can't she back off some!
- A relationship that is not in the best interests of one or both
of the participants.
- He doesn't really matter to her, he's just her latest
- She has a huge attachment to him and is so able to manipulate him because of it!
- He doesn't really matter to her, he's just her latest attachment.
- A file sent along with an email.
- A means of collecting a legal judgement.
- attachment of earnings
A strong bonding towards or with
- Finnish: kiintymys
A cloying type of dependency
- Finnish: kiintymys
A relationship that is not in the best interests of one or both of the participants
A file sent along with an email
Nounattachment m, n
- attachment (to an email)
An attachment is a component added onto a machine to alter its functioning. Attachment may also refer to:
- Attachment (psychology), a predictable emotional connection between individuals
- Attachment theory, the theory which is used to describe and investigate the psychological attachment
- Attachment (law), a means of collecting a legal judgment by levying on property in the possession of a third party
- Prejudgment attachment, a legal procedure in certain states of the United States allowing a creditor to levy or seize assets of a defendant prior to judgment
- An e-mail attachment
- AT Attachment, a computer disk drive interface standard
- Attachments (TV Series), a BBC comedy-drama that ran from 2000 to 2002 about an internet startup company
- The binding of a virus to its target cell
- Tanha, translated as attachment, a cause of suffering in some Dharmic religions
- Precision attachment, the functional mechanical parts of a removable partial denture
attachment in Slovak: Príloha
Amor, Christian love, Eros, Platonic love, accession, accessory, accompaniment, accounting for, addenda, addendum, additament, addition, additive, additory, additum, adherence, adhesion, adhesive, adjunct, adjunction, adjuvant, admiration, adoration, affection, affinity, affixation, affixing, agape, agglutination, allegiance, angary, annex, annexation, annexure, answerability, appanage, appendage, appendant, appliance, application, appurtenance, appurtenant, ardency, ardor, arrogation, ascription, assignation, assignment, attaching, attribution, augment, augmentation, binding, blame, bodily love, bona fides, bond, bonne foi, brotherly love, caritas, charge, charity, clasping, coda, collectivization, commandeering, communalization, communization, complement, concomitant, confiscation, conjugal love, connection, connection with, constancy, continuation, corollary, credit, decoration, derivation from, desire, device, devotedness, devotion, distraint, distress, eminent domain, etiology, execution, expropriation, extension, extra, extrapolation, faith, faithful love, faithfulness, fancy, fastener, fastening, fealty, fervor, fidelity, firmness, fixing, fixture, flame, fondness, free love, free-lovism, friendliness, friendship, gadget, garnishment, girding, good faith, heart, hero worship, homage, honor, hooking, idolatry, idolism, idolization, impoundment, impressment, imputation, increase, increment, joining, junction, juxtaposition, knot, lasciviousness, lashing, levy, libido, ligation, like, liking, link, linking, love, lovemaking, loyalty, married love, nationalization, offshoot, ornament, palaetiology, part, partiality, passion, pendant, physical love, piety, placement, popular regard, popularity, prefixation, reference to, regard, reinforcement, responsibility, right of angary, saddling, sentiment, sequestration, sex, sexual love, shine, side effect, side issue, socialization, spiritual love, splice, staunchness, steadfastness, sticking, suffixation, superaddition, superfetation, superjunction, superposition, supplement, supplementation, tailpiece, tender feeling, tender passion, tenderness, tie, tieing, troth, true blue, truelove, trueness, undergirding, uniting, uxoriousness, weakness, worship, yearning, zipping